Surgical Elite of Avondale provides compassionate, quality surgical care for women who may need breast cancer diagnosis, breast pre-cancer, or cancer care.
Our surgeon(s) are highly skilled in breast surgery work closely with an expert clinical team to provide:
- Mass removal and lumpectomy – Breast mass or lump removal is the removal of cancerous or pre-cancerous tissue in the breast. A breast mass or lump is removed to prevent cancer from spreading to other parts of the body, or to prevent pre-cancerous cells from becoming cancer. Removal of a lump or mass is a less invasive alternative to a full mastectomy, where a physician removes all breast tissue in one or both breasts.
- Breast needle localization – Breast needle localization is a procedure done to determine exactly where in the suspicious breast tissue and to help your physician remove successfully remove the correct tissue during a mass or lump removal procedure.
- Breast biopsy – Breast biopsy is a procedure that takes a small sample of tissue for testing to evaluate whether further medical actions are needed. Biopsies are done to determine if a mass is cancerous, pre-cancerous, or benign – meaning, non-cancerous.
- Axillary lymph dissection – An axillary lymph dissection is a procedure for removing the lymph nodes (small glands that vary in size, and are found throughout the body and are an important part of the immune system) near the breast which can increase likelihood breast cancer cells spread to other areas of the body. When breast cancer cells get into the lymph nodes, breast cancer can become harder to treat.
- Simple Mastectomy – A simple mastectomy is the removal of most of the breast tissue, including the nipple, areola, and skin, but preserves the lymph nodes. This is different than a full mastectomy, which removes the breast tissue, nipple, areola, skin, and underarm lymph nodes.
- Port-a-cath placement and removal – A port-a-cath is a thin, flexible tube that is used to deliver intravenous fluids or medications to the breast tissue.
Meet our breast surgeon(s) below.
- Jennifer K. O’Neill, MD, FACS
13055 W. McDowell Road, Suite E-101, Building E, Avondale, AZ 85392